While there are dozens of pricing models companies use to go to market, the majority can be placed in two categories – matrix and negotiated pricing. With matrix pricing, companies group customers into categories based on attributes such as customer size, region, etc., and provide a distinctive price or discount list for each customer category. Each customer…
You hear a lot about big data but do you really know how to use it? With so much being written about big data topics in virtually every communications realm, sales and business executives are looking for ways to apply innovation with their big data applications to drive sales growth and to increase their profitability….
My barber recently left the salon he had worked at for the past 25 years and relocated. I visited him earlier this week at his new location and he shared his journey and why he chose this particular spot. I thought there were some interesting lessons to take from his experience and that I’d share…
If you knew each of your customer’s precise “Willingness to Pay” (WTP) for each product, you could simply charge that price. The result would likely be a huge increase in your profit and market share…and maybe a bonus for you.
If you are a pricer, marketer, or are in the market for a pricing optimization solution, you have surely heard about “segmentation” and probably have some questions about exactly how it will help you do your job better. I’d like to share some insight from a high-level perspective of how this can help. I…
If you are a pricer, marketer, or are in the market for a pricing optimization solution, you have surely heard about “segmentation” and probably have some questions about exactly how it will help you do your job better. I’d like to share some insight from a high-level perspective of how this can help. Even…
John Salch recently posted a great blog about removing the boundaries of technology – allowing your sales force to use tools they are already comfortable with, yet still providing key information to make great pricing decisions. One of the most important pieces of information you can provide is knowledge about a specific customer, the product…
Initial results are back from our implementation of PROS Scientific Segmentation and Pricing Guidance at a major health products distributor. PROS prices were rolled out in the field in mid-April and the entire sales force adopted PROS prices since the last rep went online about two weeks ago. Results so far: 130+ basis point improvement…
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog