Manufacturing.net and PROS’ Doug Fuehne, VP, Professional Services of PROS Pricing Software Solutions talk about how manufacturers can improve their pricing strategies and come out ahead as the economy turns around. To get right to it, the five pricing strategies Fuehne suggests will help you come out ahead in the economic recovery: Identify underperformers. Proactively…
Tagged: sales force
We have been discussing the impact of SaaS on IT decision making as well as sales force adoption. It is clear vendors are working hard on the following questions: How do I make it easier for my customers to get my software in use and start getting value? How do I continue to provide value, while simultaneously (a) offering…
In one of our latest implementations, we had a scenario where we were getting lower than expected sales adoption of the optimized price guidance in one division of our large distribution customer. Initially when we were trying to determine potential causes, all seemed OK – this division had followed the same change management plan, same training…
We have been discussing the fact that sales adoption of pricing tools is a difficult problem to solve. Lately, I have been observing a pattern towards bringing pricing into the sales tools that exist today. These solutions utilizeSaaS and mobility platforms. Recent SaaS examples I have observed include companies that utilize Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics…
On a recent project I did a “Day in the Life” with Mark*, a sales representative responsible for selling animal health supplies to rural feed and farm/ranch supply stores. Seeing my customer’s sales force interact directly with their customers provided valuable insights that augmented the discussions we had already had with the corporate pricing team….
Pricing science is often an over-used term. True pricing science is the use of fundamental scientific methodologies and logic that help companies attain remarkable returns on their investment. These algorithms are cutting edge, but still rely on fundamental principles that can be traced back through history. In 1906, Sir Francis Galton (widely known for his…
John Salch recently posted a great blog about removing the boundaries of technology – allowing your sales force to use tools they are already comfortable with, yet still providing key information to make great pricing decisions. One of the most important pieces of information you can provide is knowledge about a specific customer, the product…
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog