I am writing this essay to raise timely issues in the pricing community. I have written before about the need for more mindful behaviors in pricing and how pricing information is used in organizations. My purpose is to stimulate thoughts and create discussions among pricing team members. More and more pricing decisions are made based…
Tagged: pricing decisions
I was catching up on my RSS feeds and I came across this excellent article by Professor Ford: http://professorford.com/2009/09/23/building-accountability-without-authority/ Many in the pricing profession are faced with a situation where they are trying to influence behavior without having direct authority over those who make the decisions. This article addresses the point head-on, with an…
On a recent project I did a “Day in the Life” with Mark*, a sales representative responsible for selling animal health supplies to rural feed and farm/ranch supply stores. Seeing my customer’s sales force interact directly with their customers provided valuable insights that augmented the discussions we had already had with the corporate pricing team….
If you are a pricer, marketer, or are in the market for a pricing optimization solution, you have surely heard about “segmentation” and probably have some questions about exactly how it will help you do your job better. I’d like to share some insight from a high-level perspective of how this can help. Even…
John Salch recently posted a great blog about removing the boundaries of technology – allowing your sales force to use tools they are already comfortable with, yet still providing key information to make great pricing decisions. One of the most important pieces of information you can provide is knowledge about a specific customer, the product…
Guest Blogger – Sanjay Seth – gives an update on a “Big 3” Parts Aftersales Pricing Implementation with PROS. Sanjay is a Partner at Carlisle & Company, a firm specializing in revenue and margin strategies, market sizing, share assessment, services marketing and retention, and supply chain management. Carlisle is focused exclusively on process initiatives related…
Manufacturing, distribution, and services leaders learn to improve margins & emerge stronger Houston, Texas – May 19, 2009 — PROS (NYSE: PRO), the world leader in pricing and revenue optimization science and software, today announced the success of the New York stop on the PROS Global Price Optimization Leadership Seminar Series, held onsite at the New…
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog