Understanding the value you provide to your customers is always important when you set prices, but it is even more crucial in commodity product industries. Take this example of a European chemical manufacturer: A large customer continued to pressure a sales rep of a chemical commodity products manufacturer for lower prices on a specific product…
The other day, I had a very interesting conversation with one of our customers. They just completed a customer survey to help determine the core reasons their customers valued them as a supplier. Many items were listed – service level, relationships, ease of procurement, technology, price, market leadership, quality and much more. Price didn’t make…
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog