For many organizations, the price-change process is a time-consuming, unpleasant and imperfect process that everyone knows must be done, and no one wants to tackle. When I was a pricing analyst many years ago, I remember how our annual price-change process felt like the TV show Wipeout® – a never-ending series of obstacles from which…
Category: Medical Products
Profit leakages can happen at every line of the profit and loss statement. Some are easier to identify than others and can easily be captured in a waterfall analysis to derive pocket price levels for a customer, a market segment or a product category. Others are well hidden in the P&L and require a lot…
Most every sale rep has heard that phrase, “Just meet your competitor’s price point and the business is yours.” One could discuss for hours how and why the sale rep has gotten himself in this position but we’ll leave that for another blog post. Clearly the negotiation has broken down at this point, and closing…
The debate of the existence of elasticity in B2B markets is a fun one, for those of us who like to discuss such things. It’s an academic argument that’s far from the reality of life as a salesperson trying to close an individual deal. Those who are elasticity naysayers come armed with demand curves and…
- Best Practices / Chemicals / Consumer Goods / Distribution / Elasticity / Equipment / Featured / Food Service / General / High Tech / Industrial / Manufacturing / Medical Products / Performance Management / Petroleum / Pricing / Pricing Strategy / Project Services / Recurring Services / Sales / Service Parts / Services
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog