In today’s difficult economic environment, it’s commonplace for organizations to consistently review their business operations for three reasons: to make process improvements, to be more competitive in the market, and to be more profitable. Most companies have been through the cost cutting and strategic procurement processes, and now they’re looking for the next lever to…
Category: Change Management
Recently, a sales manager for one of our customers asked me an interesting question: “What qualifications do you need to be on a pricing team?” To give you a little background, the sales manager’s company is in the midst of creating a pricing organization for the first time. Given this context, there was not only…
Introduction The manufacturing sector is undergoing a major shift, which many refer to as the third industrial revolution. This change is driven by 3D printing technology, which is likely to change the way that we manufacture products. 3D printing is also referred to as ‘additive manufacturing.’ It is the process of adding thin layers of…
Over the past few years, you have often heard me mention the concept of mindfulness. I purposefully use this word in the context of an emerging theory on organizational mindfulness that is researched more and more in organizations. I actually conducted a research inquiry on the topic, and I hope to continue the exploration on…
A recent survey conducted with 557 CEOs and business owners around the world showed they pay little attention to pricing. When asked how they would allocate 100 points of attention between cost cutting, growth programs and pricing initiatives, pricing received an underwhelming average of 16 points. A vast majority of their time is spent on…
Many European-based organizations have only just begun to realize how significant the effect of pricing on shareholder value creation really is. Until now, the focus was mainly on innovation, sales and marketing – and justly so. But in today’s economic environment, value capturing – effective pricing – is increasingly being discussed at the boardroom…
I have worked with some talented salespeople over the years and learned a great deal about being a good steward of our company to our customers. As a sales and marketing leader at PROS, I often have the privilege of meeting 1-on-1 with each new person we hire into our department. When I meet new…
As a consultant, I’m often asked in which organization pricing should reside – in sales, marketing or finance. This isn’t a new question, though it’s one I’ve heard debated for years among pricing practitioners. It appears to be emerging as a more urgent issue as executives become acutely aware of pricing’s impact on their bottom line….
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog