Problemstellung Die Wahrung der Preisrationalität stellt die meisten Unternehmen vor große Herausforderungen. Wenn aber beim Pricing und am Verhandlungstisch nicht streng darauf geachtet wird, sind die von den Kunden gezahlten Effektivpreise nicht stimmig. Negative Folge: Kunden mit geringem Einkaufsvolumen zahlen niedrigere Preise als Kunden mit höheren Einkaufsvolumina, höherwertige Produkte werden mit weniger Gewinn verkauft als…
Author: Ralph Dolce
The Problem Maintaining price rationality is a challenge for most organizations. Without discipline in the pricing or negotiation process, actual prices paid by customers don’t add up – low-volume customers pay lower-effective prices as compared with customers with higher volumes; and higher-value products sell for less than lower-value substitutes. This cuts deeply into your organization’s…
Someone once told me “you can say anything to anyone if you say it appropriately.” It’s become one of my oft-repeated phrases. But how well does this theory hold when you’re communicating a price increase? Consider further that the rate is for an on-going service for which customers become accustomed and familiar with paying a…
I recently reviewed a question posed on a LinkedIn pricing group regarding pricing in a service-related industry. The writer wanted to know how to “beat the commodity spiral” when pricing for B2B services industries. One of the first responders addressed the concept of understanding the key attributes of a company’s service to its customers and…
- Same-Store Sales Are Never the Same! November 17, 2014
- How Pricing Can Be Used in Sales Compensation November 14, 2014
- PROS Outperform Event Hosted Best and Brightest in Travel Industry November 7, 2014
- Pricing and the Competitive Landscape October 24, 2014
- My First Dreamforce Experience: It’s All About the Conversations October 22, 2014
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- Lower Prices CAN Drive Increased Sales and Profits. No Joke. January 2, 2014
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Sidh says: Hello all Thank for such a informative article. For my Thesis, I...
- Bolo says: Yes, Liaosam. Your percentage approximation is what I practice as well...
- Bolo says: I am a new reseller and I have noticed that many...
- Aaron says: Nice post Jon!
- Caroline Walker says: Nice Article! I like the simple, understandable explanations of the three...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!