Problemstellung Die Wahrung der Preisrationalität stellt die meisten Unternehmen vor große Herausforderungen. Wenn aber beim Pricing und am Verhandlungstisch nicht streng darauf geachtet wird, sind die von den Kunden gezahlten Effektivpreise nicht stimmig. Negative Folge: Kunden mit geringem Einkaufsvolumen zahlen niedrigere Preise als Kunden mit höheren Einkaufsvolumina, höherwertige Produkte werden mit weniger Gewinn verkauft als…
Author: Ralph Dolce
The Problem Maintaining price rationality is a challenge for most organizations. Without discipline in the pricing or negotiation process, actual prices paid by customers don’t add up – low-volume customers pay lower-effective prices as compared with customers with higher volumes; and higher-value products sell for less than lower-value substitutes. This cuts deeply into your organization’s…
Someone once told me “you can say anything to anyone if you say it appropriately.” It’s become one of my oft-repeated phrases. But how well does this theory hold when you’re communicating a price increase? Consider further that the rate is for an on-going service for which customers become accustomed and familiar with paying a…
I recently reviewed a question posed on a LinkedIn pricing group regarding pricing in a service-related industry. The writer wanted to know how to “beat the commodity spiral” when pricing for B2B services industries. One of the first responders addressed the concept of understanding the key attributes of a company’s service to its customers and…
- The Path Best Traveled: Utilizing Guided Selling in a B2B Framework December 3, 2013
- Connecting the Dots: Leveraging a 360° Customer View November 26, 2013
- Why Big Data Should Matter to Sales Executives November 21, 2013
- Play Smarter Not Harder to Reach Your Sales Goals November 19, 2013
- Leveraging Big Data in a Big Way: Automating Complex Pricing With Data Science November 14, 2013
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Is Your Product Too Cheap? December 4, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Reno Koepp says: I would like to add another real life example to Steve's...
- Jeff Robinson says: Nicely put, Ed. The ROI comes when people change. "If...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Tressa: I’m glad you liked the article. It sounds like...
- Shekar says: Hi, Matt, your observation and comments were worth considering for changing...
- Trish Voskovitch says: "Industry averages indicate that 50-60% of sales opportunities stall before closing" Perhaps...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!