In my last blog – “3 Best Practices for Revving Your Rebates” – I suggested several steps you and your organization can take to control your rebate management process. These steps will most likely involve change management and the adoption of new technologies. And as we all know, change – particularly when it involves new…
Author: Phil Holladay
While some companies have nailed the rebate process, we find – more often than not – that in many organizations it’s still manual. In turn, this lack of automation leads to errors and an inefficient use of resources. Candidly, it’s not a surprise that most companies recognize they’ve got a problem. Rebates are typically a…
This is the first post in a three-part series about how companies can gain control of their rebate programs. Many manufacturing companies I speak with use rebates during contract negotiations to meet customer price expectations, and drive revenue and volume goals. Unfortunately, the impact of rebates on their business is not well understood. When I…
Most every sale rep has heard that phrase, “Just meet your competitor’s price point and the business is yours.” One could discuss for hours how and why the sale rep has gotten himself in this position but we’ll leave that for another blog post. Clearly the negotiation has broken down at this point, and closing…
We often hear from customers that one of their concerns is increased price transparency. It certainly is troubling when a company’s pricing isn’t completely defensible: The lower the defensibility, the greater the fear of price transparency. Most transparency risks are local, though in some cases it can be regional. As a result, the transparency damage can be…
One of the biggest challenges for pricing professionals – especially those who work for technology companies – is the lack of control over a coherent pricing strategy. At PROS, we see quite a few technology companies experiencing accelerated price erosion among their products, primarily due primarily to shorter product lifecycles, an ever-more sophisticated buyer, and…
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog