Many companies want to implement value pricing, but have done so with limited success toward achieving their goal. It is our experience that many attempts at value pricing fail because there is a broken link in the value pricing process chain. We have identified four key elements in this pricing chain. In our experience, breaking…
Author: Jerry Bernstein
As companies develop new products, many people across the organization are involved in the decision-making process. One of the most difficult is how products should be priced. Jerry Bernstein offers his insights into product pricing in today’s blog with nine best practices for reaching the final decision. 1. Use a Process One of the most…
Bei der Entwicklung neuer Produkte müssen eine Vielzahl von Personen im Unternehmen in den Entscheidungsprozess mit einbezogen werden. Eine der schwierigsten Aufgaben ist dabei, den Verkaufspreis für ein Neuprodukt festzulegen. Hier sind neun Best-Practice-Empfehlungen, wie es funktionieren kann. 1. Prozess starten Wenn der Preis für ein neues Produkt festgelegt wird, ist die Marketing-Abteilung komplett…
Procurement organizations see supplier pricing mistakes every day. Understanding these will help you better understand what you need to do to maintain price when procurement is involved in the purchase decision. Mistake 1: Not understanding the culture, needs and incentives of the procurement organization. Price is important, but procurement organizations are measured on other factors…
Now more than ever, getting the best price from your suppliers is a vital skill. It requires clear knowledge of the markets, good negotiating skills and shrewdness about supplier strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes mistakes your suppliers make can work to your advantage. Here are ten supplier errors that can put dollars in your pocket. Mistake…
- Price-Elasticity and Service Parts Volumes – Like Comparing Apples and Oranges May 16, 2013
- Alternative Pricing – Get Close to Your Customer May 14, 2013
- If You Could Boost Your Operating Profit by 25% in 6 to 12 Months, Would You? May 9, 2013
- Transforming Service Parts Manufacturing in a Connected World May 7, 2013
- Sales Effectiveness: The Secret Is in the Data May 2, 2013
- Three Tips for Better Pricing Segmentation February 17, 2012
- What Do You Consider the Most Important Qualities for a Pricing Team Member? April 24, 2013
- Caught Between Giants – The Pricing Challenges of Today’s Distributor January 29, 2013
- To Show or Not to Show the Floor: That is the Question January 10, 2013
- Pricing Tactics, Strategies Through Distribution March 28, 2012
accenture B2B Big Data change management Distribution Distributors manufacturer manufacturers Manufacturing margin margin optimization Microsoft Microsoft Outlook Performance Management price price management price optimization Price Optimization Software pricers Pricing Best Practices pricing decisions pricing execution pricing guidance pricing initiative pricing optimization Pricing Process pricing science pricing software pricing strategies pricing strategy profitabilty PROS PROS Pricing SaaS SaaS integration sales force Salesforce.com sales rep SAP scientific analytics scientific segmentation segmentation target price user adoption willingness-to-pay
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Siva, Thanks! I couldn’t agree with you more on the...
- Jacqueline Davis says: Hi Rikhath, The question of why your company needs a pricing team...
- Siva Ram Yellapragada says: Simply awesome !! We have a strong pricing team in our global...
- Rikhath says: Also in enterprise products world do you think Product operations would...
- Rikhath says: Hi Jacqueline, We fighting the same battle and I out...
Top PROS Bloggers
Pricing Leadership Blog Feed
Stay in Touch!
The B2B pricing & sales blog